Where is the best place to start Komodo Island tours? If everyone wondering about the best places where to start Komodo tours, then read this page. This page will give you information about the place to start the Komodo trip and the best Komodo tour packages.
Tours to Komodo island are the best things to do while visiting Indonesia. Komodo National Park itself is located in the lesser Sunda chain. It is under the control of East Nusa Tenggara province, Indonesia.
For your best Komodo Island tours, here we will explain the places where you can start the trip:
- Labuan Bajo is the most recommended place to start your Komodo Island tour packages. It is because the place is very close to the Komodo National Park. This small town also has some accommodations where you can stay before and after the Komodo boat trip.
- Lombok is an island in West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. It is one of the best tourist destinations in Indonesia. You can start your Komodo Island tours from Lombok. The tour to Komodo from Lombok will be scheduled three times a week.
- Bali is also a place where you can also start your Komodo Island tours from Bali. You can choose to go on a sailing boat from Serangan or Benoa, Bali. This trip will spend longer, around 7 days and 6 nights. There is also another trip arrangement which spends fewer days.
Those are the places where you can start your Komodo dragon Island tours. For a moment, the most recommended starting the trip to Komodo in Labuan Bajo.
How to get to Labuan Bajo?
Labuan Bajo is a small town on the western tip of Flores island. It is the main gateway to enter Komodo National Park. Below are the best ways to get to Labuan Bajo:
- Flight from Bali to Komodo Airport in Labuan Bajo. This is probably the best way to reach the town. The flight will spend 1 1/2 hours. Once you get there the Komodo island boat tours team will pick you up from the airport. It is if you have made a booking.
- Ferry from Sape, West Nusa Tenggara to Labuan Bajo. The ferry from Sape is also the best recomended transportation to Labuan Bajo.
- Big ship, PELNI from Bali and Lombok. This ship only offers two schedules in a month, so you need to check with the office of PELNI.
For those who are in Jakarta or other cities in Indonesia, you can also take a flight to Labuan Bajo. This is the most recommended way to get there.
The Best Komodo Island Tours from Labuan Bajo
If you want to book Komodo Island tour packages from Labuan Bajo, the following are best recommended to book:
- Komodo Island day tours. Thes tour packages are available in private and shared tour packages. The shared Komodo tour departs every day in the morning at 06.00 am. Meanwhile, the private Komodo day tour departs every day on your own schedule.
- Komodo Island shore tours 2 days and 1 night. This tour is based on a private tour and departs every day from Labuan Bajo. You will be on a Phinisi boat and will visit six or more places in Komodo National Park.
- 3 days and 2 nights Komodo Island private tours. This is one of the best Komodo tour arrangements. You will visit nine places in Komodo National Park. You will also have a full boat service during the trip.
- 5 days Flores and Komodo island tours. The tour will allow you to explore Flores island and Komodo. You will spend two days exploring Wae Rebo and three days exploring Komodo National Park.
- 4 days and 3-night Luxury Komodo Island tours. This tour package is based on private service. You will be the only one who has the whole boat service during the trip.
If you want to get more information and book the Komodo island tour boat, you can visit the Komodo Island tours page. There are a variety of tours to Komodo, day tours, and overnight tour packages.
How much are the Komodo National Park Entrance Fees?
The Komodo entrance fees are depending on the days you visit. If you visit on public holidays, the price will be more expensive compared to regular days. Below are the details of Komodo entrance fees:
- Monday to Friday: IDR.500.000
- Regular days are IDR 250.000
Some of the Komodo island boat tours will include all the entrance fees on the package they offer. This is mostly found on shared Komodo island tour packages. If you go on private boat tours to Komodo, you will have to pay all the National Park fees by yourself.
These entrance fees are not included with the rangers’ fee at the National Park. You will have to pay a separate bill for Komodo tour rangers. The price range from IDR 100.000 to IDR 250.000. If you go on a group tour, you will have to pay altogether for the boat prices.
Best Komodo Island Group tours to Book
Tour to Komodo island has two types, private and shared tour packages. The private tour will allow you to explore Komodo with your couple or family tour. While share tour arrangement will go on a boat with twenty passengers on the boat.
The best Komodo island group tours are 3 days Komodo island shared tour packages and full-day Komodo speedboat tours. These two group tour packages are the most popular to book. You will enjoy visiting six to 12 destinations in Komodo National Park.
The three days shared Komodo island tour package is only available every weekend. So you will need to suit your schedule with the Komodo boat tours schedules. The itinerary is depending on the arrangement offered by the tour agency. So you will have to follow the itinerary they offer.
All the Komodo island boat trips are arranged by Komodo Wisata which is famous in the area. They will work out everything to make tour Komodo sailing tour a succes. The Komodo tour will ensure you will get a great experience during the Komodo Island tours trip advisors.